Monday, July 10, 2017

Freshness Seal - or Contamination Invite?

Yesterday I opened up a box of tomato soup from Trader Joe's. I freaked upon seeing the inner seal was already broken...

I was about to toss it in the garbage when a Facebook friend alerted me to these "new" seals where the foil is broken as you twist off the lid. (Naturally I had neglected to read the writing on the label)

Convenient - YES. But also a contamination risk. What is to stop someone from breaking the seal and the buyer would never know ?

Seems like a very poor idea.

Several friends commented that they  had also encountered this on almond milk and other items. A couple had thrown them out not realizing.

Ridiculous engineering! I bet it has resulted in a lot of unnecessary waste.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Funny you said that - I had a carton of almond milk like that in fridge & opened it & then couldnt remember if I had opened it before or if I just tore it open that first time. I ended up throwing it out to be safe. You are so right - how would you know if someone opened it before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...