Monday, April 4, 2016

Surprise! The Sun is Good for You!

Here is a photo of me on my honeymoon back in 1993.



The picture is something that has rarely been seen since then - carma with a tan!!

We have been told for years that the sun is BAD. But last week a study came out indicating avoidance of the sun is as dangerous as smoking!!!!! o.O

https://www.wddty.com/news/2016/03/sunbathers-live-longer-and-avoiding-the-sun-could-be-as-dangerous-as-smoking.html

I don't want to get wrinkled but maybe I will go a little easier on the sunscreen going forward. What about you? Does this study change your mind on sunbathing?

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Since everyone is deficient in vitamin D I believe you need the sun for a lot of reasons.
I also think some of the chemicals in sun screen are more harmful to people than the sun.
In fact several studies have been done and it was on 20/20 or 60 minutes a while back showing how that caused cancer far more than the sun. It was horrific.

I don't use sunscreen often. Normally on my face is all. I am 60 with very few wrinkles.
I believe smoking is worse for your skin than sun. I don't burn or tan so I don't normally use anything at all. But my makeup is an spf 30 and if on the beach I will use suncreen on my face only around my nose and under my eyes because that is the only place I burn. But I don't do it for wrinkle prevention, just to prevent the ugly burn look.

No matter what anyone tells me I still think we all look a little bit better with some color in the summer.

mypixieblog said...

You look wonderful with a tan (and also without, but maybe I'm just saying that as your fellow pasty/pale sistah). I've always been a fan of the "everything in moderation" theory, but I do think that I'm happiest when I'm out and about and enjoying the rays of sunshine. there must be something to that :)

XOXO and hope you have a great weekend! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...