Friday, March 11, 2016

Unexciting Update

Thank you to my awesome bloggy friend Charlotte for prompting me to make an update!!

I have been inundated with activities with my son home for Spring Break week. He is like  having 2 children I always say, although I know moms of two children will probably dispute that ;)

Needed to help him this week with buying a car and having said car shipped out to Utah. Still waiting to hear back from the car shipper to get a pick up date. Hoping all goes well.

On Tuesday I will be working at the polls in NC. Lots of contentious races going on locally due to the proposed Toll road on I-77. I have rarely seen people so fired up, which is a good thing. Get out there and vote!!! There may also be some local issues in your area where you vote will make a difference. It isn't all about the Presidential primary. (unattractive photo of me and my son after we early voted)



Speaking of Presidential primaries, Season 4 of House of Cards came out last week and oh boy, it has not disappointed so far. It is worth getting Netflix for that show alone, plus my other much less complex series obsession: Longmire! If you haven't heard of it, Longmire is a modern day Western, but don't let that discourage you. It is oh so good and I'm finding it is a good way to escape stress. The episodes aren't heavy...and Deputy Branch Connelly is super-hot and attended college at Duke University in NC!


What is your latest Netflix obsession?



2 comments:

mac said...

I enjoy Longmire. I like Henry Standing Bear's non-contraction speech cadence. It's pleasing to my ears.

And, deputy Moretti sure knows how to wear a shirt!

mypixieblog said...

YAY!!! So glad to see an update from you--even I had to prompt and prod you :) HA! Love the photo of you and your son and good luck to him with the car buying process :) And you're so very right--voting is so incredibly important, ESPECIALLY on the local level where we can really make a difference.

Hope all is well and that you enjoyed momma/son time (PS: you guys are like twinsies!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...