Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Guess Who Stopped By the MAC Makeup Counter?

Every few months I meet up with a high school friend who also moved from NJ down south - about 45 minutes from where I live. We meet at the mall and always gravitate to the makeup counters and of course, Sephora.

I was in search of the perfect foundation. It is a perpetual quest, really. I had sampled the Makeup Forever HD Foundation, but then I took a gander at Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation Stick. The color looked almost identical and the finish was a bit creamier which I liked. I ended up ordering it online 15% savings and free shipping/returns on foundations and concealers! plus a couple free samples tossed in.

Over at the MAC area, I tried on some vibrant red lipstick and liner as you can see. It looked a LOT brighter in person. Definitely not for every day.

MB wasn't too excited about it. As a matter of fact, the lipstick was so obvious that when he didn't mention it, I brought it up and he said, "yeah, I noticed." Not a glowing recommendation. Then he said the makeup makeup made me look "mean" - so I guess I will stick with some new foundation for now and use the rest of my current makeup for the rest of my face...

*BTW the head warmer is faux fur!

3 comments:

mac said...

I don't know anything about makeup. Beards are my preferred concealment ;-)

Charlotte Klein said...

LOL, I love your hubby's observations :p Though the few times I've worn makeup around Bryan he's had the same reaction. Actually I think it totally freaked him out. I guess that's a good thing, right? :) I think your makeup face looks beautiful and love that lipstick on you!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lookin' good. I can't wear red but boy i like red lips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...