Friday, November 20, 2015

Acting for Dummies

So I have been taking an acting class - for fun- the past couple of months.

And let me tell you, it is a lot more complex than it seems. Hoping I pull it all together for when we present to the other students on the 14th...

The class is the Meisner Technique. It involves repetition exercises - and as such would appear very bizarre to those not familiar with the method. I was struggling a bit and felt I might need to transfer to Acting for Dummies, but I had a big breakthrough this week and my scene partner and I rocked it lol.

It is funny the twists and turns life takes. When I was a child I was so painfully shy that I had a hard time speaking in front of anyone. Fast forward to now and in middle age I am studying acting.

What are you trying in middle age that you would have been fearful to attempt at a younger age??? A new class? A new hobby? A new attitude? I'd love to hear.....




1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I practice to stay alive. :-)
Sounds like fun Carma. I would do that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...