Thursday, January 15, 2015

Counter Histories: A Documentary Worth Watching!

I recently had the pleasure of being featured in this historical project related to the Civil Rights Movement. It is a documentary about The Friendship 9, a group of African Americans who attended Friendship College and staged a sit-in at a diner in Rock Hill, SC in 1961.

Please take a peek at the video if you get the chance (It is only 8 minutes long...)


Counter Histories: Rock Hill from Southern Foodways on Vimeo.

Much appreciated! *It is a very timely documentary as the "Friendship 9" will have their criminal records cleared this month-- 54 years after the sit-in.

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I am a documentary NUT ... so I'll totally add this to my list!

mypixieblog said...

So neat you have a feature in a documentary! This sounds really interesting--do you happen to know if it's on Netflix? I'd love to see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...