Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Get Out and Vote!!!

I was kickin' back thinking I would head out to vote around now when a facebook friend alerted me that the best time is around 10:30 - so I threw myself together and headed out the door with my ballot in hand.

Although it is a mid-term election, there are so many issues to be concerned about and to have a say in.

*above is my serious "I voted" face. With election peeps all around, I thought it was best to avoid a goofy grin. So I maintained some decorum....

Remember to pack your own pen to avoid the germy ones they have at sign in ;)

It took all of about 35 minute since there was a bit of a line, but part of the fun is bumping into neighbors I rarely see - and this one is a fun guy who is the same party affiliation as I am - his wife is not. So he joked that he told her to vote tomorrow....

For what is likely the 10th year in a row, I also signed up to be a poll worker. I do this every time I vote yet for some reason have never been called despite sometimes being the only one on the list...hmmm...my party affiliation perhaps...

or maybe demographics. I noticed today that most of the poll workers at my venue are a good 20 years my senior. Maybe I need to give it another 20 -- that shouldn't be a problem, I'm known for my determination......


3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I voted at 7:30 this morning. Done! I have never worked the polls but that is something I would do. I've done calling too - that sucks. I won't do that again.

Rebecca Jo Vincent said...

You shoulda taken a selfie with the politicians around :)

People were still in line at our polls at 8:30 last night... ridiculous!

mypixieblog said...

YAY you for getting out there to rock the vote! I actually went late that night to the polls (after that eternal seminar I had to sit through) but only had to wait about 5 minutes to cast my vote.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...