Sunday, October 19, 2014

How to Tell You are Having a Bad Day?

When you find  yourself at 9:41 pm googling "I suck at everything." Yep. That's me...

As part of my "expand my comfort zone" project, which isn't really a project, I signed up for an acting class. Two weeks ago we recorded with a partner and today we got to see the play back.

Holy blinking eyes!!!

You have never seen so much blinking.

Now, I am a long term contact lens wearer with dry eyes, so I normally blink a lot, but when I get nervous, it exacerbates the problem.

Let's put it this way, when the only comments the instructor had to make about my tape were about my excessive blinking and that I did not connect with my partner at all...

it was clear to me that I suck at something new!!!

Out of the 18 students, my tape was the absolute bottom of the barrel. Still 5 more weeks to go in the class and it will be hard to drag myself to class. But if there is anything I normally do, it is to stand by a project to completion.

It is going to take all the strength I can muster to stick with this when all I want to do is run.

And dig a hole and hide in it during the next critique.

Is there anything you've ever tried where you were so bad it was clear there was no point in continuing? Did you stick with it - or bail?

2 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

This is your first acting class, give yourself some slack and don't crawl in that hole just yet. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am good at nothing! I have tried a million things. There are things I enjoy doing but I'm not good at them. I was so hoping to discover a talent of some sort before I die. It's not gonna happen.

Enjoy your acting class. It's not like you have done this for years as the woman above says. Just go with it and let go. At least it can be fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...