Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dress Codes - Cry Me a River

I can't believe the woman who was allegedly kicked out of Planet Fitness because her pregnant midriff was exposed is still front page ABC News. Also can't believe how distraught she is. C'mon. Cut me a break. Is it really that earth shattering???

Years ago - back when I was 25 or so, I had a lovely cotton jumpsuit that was navy that I wore out to a club and dressed it up with heels. Guess what? I was refused at the door because I was wearing "jeans." Seriously - and this was a classy outfit that I had purchased from Spiegel. Nevertheless, I had to leave and drive home alone- and the club was about an hour away from home - while my future spouse stayed and partied I might add :D :D

That's how it goes..

I cannot wear my piercing when I go on medical assignments, so guess what? I put in a retainer. Disappointing, but no biggie.

Same when I substitute, but out of my choosing, so the kindergartners do not ask me again what is in my nose...

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and comply - and not call a lawyer!!!!  OK. I'm done now.


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Agreed. Going to Chicago with a friend in June. She wants to take me to the Metropolitian Grille at the top of the sears tower. You have to be a member and there is a dress code. So I will bring something appropriate. Which I might add I wouldn't have had if I hadn't thought to look at the place online. Whew. I would have worn white jeans, heels, top and blazer. but no jeans so I will comply and not sue!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Some people, their first thought is "MUST SUE"... its why our country is like it is.
(Getting off soap box) :)

Slamdunk said...

Yes, it is no wonder that attorney are disliked. If anyone has their pinky toe stepped on, it is a million dollar lawsuit waiting to happen.

Funny story about hubbie. I think I would have been going home with the Mrs and then returning with her--glad you accommodated him. Haha.

mypixieblog said...

I did not hear this story, but it seems to me like everyone wants to sue someone over something. What the hell has become of us?

Awww, that's too bad about your club days :) I would have been sad if I got all dressed up only to get turned away! But you know, i'd get over it eventually, too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...