Friday, April 4, 2014

Ultimate Blog Party 2014 is Here!

Ultimate Blog Party 2014 It is that time of year already - Ultimate Blog Party time - the one party I participate in every year!

Welcome to my blog. You can find out all sorts of neat things about me here.

How would I describe myself and my blog? It is a slice of life blog (begun in 2008) brought to you by a fortysomething mom - a soon-to-be empty nester as my son heads off to college practically clear across the country in the fall.

*cue nervous breakdown* ;-)

Luckily I have this little cutie to help with the loneliness. Our rescue cat, Pumpkin:

Horrible photo of me, but Ms. Pumpkin looks great. You will notice I am not picking her up. Pumpkin does not like to be picked up or held. Maybe someday she will be less skittish, but until then, we are more than happy to get down to her level :-)  She has brought us so much joy!

Here is how she wakes me up in the morning. I believe she is actually nipping me in the first few seconds...but then she does the gentle pat...Pumpkin errs on the feisty side...



I'll admit that I was one of those people who scoffed at people posting pics of their pets ad nauseum on Facebook...until I had a pet.

Now I feel compelled to check out every cat video that shows up in my newsfeed.

Yes, that is, in fact, a nose piercing on a middle aged woman. Done after giving it plenty of thought 4 years ago, yet I mostly can't wear the piercing due to my jobs - so I just put it in during the summer months. Do I worry that people are thinking "is that middle aged chick going through a midlife crisis or something?" Sure, but life is short. If you want to do something - do it!

I'm sure you wanted to know all this ;-)

Anyhoo, enjoy the party. Looking forward to visiting your blogs...

4 comments:

Ann said...

Stopping by from the UBP2014 to say hi! I love Ms Pumpkin but have bad news--I have a tortoise-shell too (her name is Rotten by the way). They usually don't get much friendlier as they get older (hence the name Rotten). But they are gorgeous kitties & I wouldn't trade her for the world.
Great to meet you & can't wait to see more of you after the party!

Philsy said...

You look fine, you might find that other people like it too. Ali sometimes asks "do I need makeup" and the answer is I like you as you are. I'm sure Andy does too and Austin. Go Wild and Sneak out somewhere in public with a ball cap of so people won't see that Carma doesn't have makeup on. Oh My Word!

Elle - CraftWithKids said...

Hello! Dropping by from the UBP14! I've followed you on FB & Google and through blogspot. Looking forward to more of your posts!

mypixieblog said...

OMG, Pumpkin is SO CUTE!!!! Welcome to the crazy animal fan club :) All you need is one and it's all over. Before you know it, you're forwarding YouTube videos to all of your friends, showing off cat pictures on your phone... LOL!!

Love that you have a nose ring and it suits you so nicely. GOOD FOR YOU!! I don't think there's an age cutoff to look/feel pretty!!! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...