Friday, April 18, 2014

Tortellini Soup - YUM!

You may have seen a variation of this recipe floating around Pinterest and Facebook. Not being much of a cook *understatement* I decided to give it a go, and let me tell you, it is a great recipe! Even my teen loves it.

Above is a photo of the final product - after it cooked in the slow cooker.

What you will need:

2 Packages of  frozen tortellini (I made more than the original recipe calls for) - enough to last for 2 dinners
1 Box of Vegetable Broth (I used Rachel Ray's 32-oz veggie stock)
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 Package of cream cheese (to make lower fat, I used neufchatel cheese)
A couple handfuls of spinach (I used frozen spinach and cooked in microwave before adding)
Dash of Pepper
*add water if there is not enough broth to sufficiently cover the tortellini*

Toss these ingredients in the slow cooker (after cutting up the cream cheese)

Cook on low for about 5 hours (the original recipe calls for 6 but the noodles fell apart). Keep an eye on it as the time gets close so as not to overcook.

Enjoy!





3 comments:

fizzycat said...

Looks delicious!

Slamdunk said...

Yum. I just need to finish all the Easter ham leftovers before I request it.

I hope you and your family had a nice Easter Carma.

mypixieblog said...

That looks delicious!!!! And very easy :) Will have to try this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...