I was approached recently about doing a review of a parental control software to protect children on the internet. Looked like a great program, only problem being that my 18 year old already thinks I monitor his activities too much, as is. What can I say? I am an EXCELLENT micromanager much to the dismay of my family.
Now that VC has turned 18 I guess I can no longer claim to be a "mommy blogger" although that was a label I never much applied to my blog in the first place. Too constrictive. I see this blog as more of a "slice of life blog" and hopefully it will continue to move along as I enter the lonely world of the empty-nester.
Here we are on probably our last time dyeing Easter eggs together:
*you can see that my Instagram account gets plenty of activity ;-)
What have I been doing?:
(1) "training" for a 5K - and I use the term "training" loosely. Since running is so hard on the knees I mostly continue to take fitness/strength classes and do an occasional 1.5 mile slow jog. This "training method" worked the last time I raced and will protect my knees in the long run *fingers crossed*
(2) doing some crocheting. Another crooked baby blanket in the works ;-)
(3) reading! My current book:
(4) doing some work as an extra. I cannot divulge the details but it is a lot of fun. You may recall I did a day working as an extra last year - and ended up on the cutting room floor. Maybe I'll get lucky this year :-)
(5) Substitute teaching - mostly high school and middle school.
(6) doing some medical work on a per diem basis. Still unsure if this is the career direction for me.
(7) still whining that I have not yet found my passion in life :( If you follow the Humans of New York Blog and Facebook page, you will see a woman who is in her seventies who was also lamenting this earlier in the week. She is me fast forward 25 years. Working to change that...
(8) Continuing my real life crime drama addiction by watching Dateline and 48 Hours religiously.
(9) Trying to get all the Easter candy out of the house now that I have consumed the mini Cadbury Creme Eggs...I have ZERO willpower.
(10) spending lots of time with my sweet kitty Pumpkin. There is so much joy a pet can bring into your life. Had no idea how much I had been missing out on for 40+ years of my life. She is my feisty little companion...
(11) Trying to stay positive in general. I gravitate toward glass half empty even though I have so many good things in my life. It is silly. I truly think you are born with a certain set of behavioral characteristics and some are difficult to change, but can be changed.
(12) Continuing with the blogging even though a lot of my mojo was zapped when I lost my domain name. Still bugs me.
That about sums it up. I am grateful to all who still visit my little corner of the blogosphere. Wishing you nothing but good things to come!