Sunday, March 23, 2014

Utah, Vegas and more!

Hello Friends!
We just returned from a fact finding mission to Utah to research a possible university for VC.

What am amazing corner of the country. We rented a "sweet" ride and drove 900 miles - ending up in Vegas on our last day.

Here I am in Zion National Park. The memory chip on my phone got corrupted - so we drove back the next day to re-take our photos - typical...


and then Vegas! Caesar's Palace - where I played some video poker - always a fun time!


Here we are inside the Bellagio - next to a spectacular piece of live artwork:

Lots of planes, shuttles and driving during our four day excursion...

I am not big on flying - so considering one leg of the trip on the way to/from was on the dreadfully small "Embraer" - (only three seats wide - one seat on the left; and two on the right) I was not looking forward to it.

And then the morning of our flight - which was scheduled to leave at 5:50 am - the plane had to be de-iced and then the pilot came on to notify us that the plan was having mechanical problems - which he described as the switch that controls the pitch of the nose of the airplane not working on his side, which meant an hour delay while a new switch was installed. Which lead to us arriving at the Gate in Chicago with only 6 minutes to spare!

I don't know about you, but when the mechanical problem is this type of mechanical problem, I'd almost rather NOT know what the problem is!!!!!

Anyhoo, we made it home safe and sound .

P.S. You are all so polite not mentioning all the spelling errors I had in my previous post on the decline of education standards LOL :D  just now figured out there is a spellcheck on Blogger so this post should be error-free!

BTW, there are more photos from our trip on Instagram (carmasez) if you would like to see them and/or follow my Instagram.


5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Aside from the small plane it looked like a great trip. But your only child will be far away. That is going to be some empty nest isn't it Carma?

Twisted Susan said...

Vegas & Zion, as well as Arizona & New Mexico are where I spent my honeymoon.
It's a great part of the country. I wish I were going there to sleep-away college.

Slamdunk said...

I'd love to see Utah. I have been to AZ, NM, CO, and CA, but never where you were.

How exciting (and challenging) I see for both you all. Good to see the smiles.

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm not a fan of flying AT ALL.. so I would have flipped out!!!
I love Vegas though
I'm headed to find you on Instagram. I'm "RebeccajoKnits" on there :)

mypixieblog said...

I'm so very glad you got to go to Zion National Park--it's on my list of things to see!! Looks like you had a great trip with your boy.

And yes, I'm totally with you--I don't think I'd want to know about that kind of mechanical problem either. Just tell me there's an issue and get it fixed please. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...