Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tiny Size Me - What Happened to Girl Scout Cookies????

Last week a sweet little girl from down the block rang the doorbell and I was excited when I opened the door and saw her wagon filled with Girl Scout cookies - meaning my Tagalongs had arrived!!

Excitement turned to disappointment when, after freezing them for a hour - if you do not freeze your Girl Scout Cookies - this is something you may want to consider - I opened the box and furrowed my brow as I realized how downsized these cookies were from the thick Girl Scout Tagalongs of yore.

Here's what I saw:


Ohhhh...I forgot I first ate one sleeve - and MB the second sleeve, so all that remained by the time of the photo op was the third sleeve - VC's. As you can see, I divvied everything up fairly...

What you need to notice is how thin and tiny the cookies look.

Of course, I couldn't resist inquiring on FB as to whether everyone else had noticed this shrinkage issue. It quickly turned into a debate about whether it is best when ordering to calculate the per unit cost. My cost conscious relatives (it's in our blood) had calculated that, in this case, it is best to go with the Thin Mints.

Had I only taken the time to do that before ordering my puny Tagalongs, which came in at roughly .26 cents a cookie.

Did you order Girl Scout cookies this year? Were you pleased when you opened the box?

5 comments:

Lisa Paul said...

The Internet has been blowing up over this issue. My best guess is that the Girl Scouts really really care about your figure.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carma - we just discovered this over the weekend. I don't eat tag a longs if I could eat gluten I would eat thin mints. Rick opened his box and said, "OMG there are so small" He held them in his giant hands and they looked so tiny. We laughed and then he popped one in his mouth - whole thing and says, "I couldn't do that before, what the hell is up with that?"

Did they do this to all their cookies? $4 a box for mini cookies?

mypixieblog said...

OMG, I totally noticed that too!!! I devoured my thin mints first (as I usually do) and then ended up with 2 boxes of Samoas (which I don't really even like that much) and 1 box of Tagalongs.

I have had to keep a secret stash in the apartment. LOL!!

AND YES!! Freezing them is the best. Especially the thin mints. YUM!

mac said...

I maintain , there's crack in dosidos !

The fact that they are, indeed, smaller, means I have to eat lots more just to get my "fix" .

:-(


Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Loving this post...lol I bought some cookies for the first time in 18 years! Unfortunately they only had the shortbread and the FB filled ones left. Both were tasty but nothing to write home about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...