Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Laziness Pays Off !

I really need to be lazy more often. I was filling out an application - and once I uploaded my resume, it appeared I needed to re-type the resume in more detail with starting/stop dates, salaries, etc. and three job references. So of course I bagged it  Then today someone contacted me since they were still able to see my resume even though I hadn't completed and submitted anything else - and they attached a simple checklist for me to complete and bypass the rest if I was still interested! Kids: Laziness pays off! 

On a semi-related note, I have just finished reading The 4 Hour Work Week. It was recommended by a childhood friend. Although some of the concepts would be difficult to implement - or, should I say -not difficult, more "impractical" - such as getting a vitural assistant in the Middle East, many of the tips can be adapted and I did take away some ideas worth exploring further.

Mr. Ferriss has a good thing going - spending life in a series of semi-retirements, learning and doing things that he enjoys, while reducing work hours to the bare minimum.

Of course, if I was to try doing this and live off my blog I would be dead of starvation in three days ;-)

One thing that I feel the the need to get to the bottom of - is a letter that was written by someone who practiced the 4 Hour technique and was splitting time between NYC and Colombia. When I went to check out his website, it appeared he died a tragic death shortly after the book was published but no details are available anywhere. May be a cautionary tale, or something totally unrelated but the fact that there is no information available is very circumspect!

Oh, I have also finally been selected by a blog review company to do a review- problem is that the review is in someone else's words and not related to my blog :/ I would feel like a total sellout to publish it, but I won't rule it out just yet hee hee. After all, how am I going to get to a 4 Hour Work Week if I continue to pass things up????

7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh that's funny about the laziness. I am not clear though on the review. You mean a review of a product?

Vodka Logic said...

I don't need a job, I have one, but my laziness isn't cleaning my house..lol
Good luck

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Hello sweetness! Talk about lazy...I just posted my first blog post since Nov..lol Missed you though and wanted to come by and say "hi" :)

Vicky B said...

Love when laziness pays off!

McVal said...

I feel lazy if I don't pick up all the toys each day... How have you been? I went to carmasez.com and found something that was NOT you...
Good to hear from you!

Slamdunk said...

I am all for lazy. Thanks for encouraging me more.

mypixieblog said...

OMG, that is the craziest story about the guy who reviewed the 4 Hour Workweek (which I've had on my list of must-reads forever). Can you send me his website??

Crazy.

Anyway, sometimes you have to bite the bullet for a few extra bucks. I always say that I never take on work I don't stand behind or that I don't enjoy reading myself. If you like the review enough and it provides you with a bit of extra income, I say go for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...