Monday, January 27, 2014

If You are a Vegetarian, BE a Vegetarian!

Yes, this is one of my gripe-y posts.

I am tired of people claiming to be vegetarians, yet they are far from vegetarians.

In which case, do NOT claim to be a vegetarian. It is that simple.

I know of someone who says they are a vegetarian, yet recently I have witnessed them eating pepperoni, ribs, bacon and tunafish.

Does that sound like a vegetarian?

It is like claiming to be gluten-free and eating wheat bread for gosh sake!! *slowly steps down from soapbox*


5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh I know these people!!!!
the difference between me and you is if I saw them eat this stuff I'd say, "if you eat meat how do you call yourself a vegetarian?"

Rebecca Jo said...

That's ridiculous...

That's called 'eating what you want & calling yourself something you want to be'

I'm going to call myself SKINNY if that's allowed then :)

Slamdunk said...

Haha. I am ok with whatever people want to say, but if they try to sample the non-veggy offerings on my plate, then the fight is on.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, that makes me more of a vegetarian than them!

Charlotte Klein said...

This drives me insane, too. That being said, I've been a vegetarian since '97. Every now and then (maybe 3, 4x a year?) I'll eat fish. That's it. NO other kinds of meat. I guess technically that means I'm not a true vegetarian BUT it doesn't seem right to call myself a pescatarian if I only eat it a few times a year, right?

Help! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...