Saturday, December 14, 2013

Looking for a Last Minute Tasty Treat to Bring to a Holiday Party?

I totally cannot take credit for this recipe, as it is floating around the internet in many forms, but when a friend was in a panic a few weeks ago as to what to make for her son's cookie exchange, I blurted out:

Oreo Truffles!!



The recipe is right up my alley since it consists of only TWO ingredients but tastes like it contains far more:

You will need 1 Package of oreo cookies (approximately 40 cookies) and one 8 oz. package of cream cheese.

Toss 9 of the oreos in a blender and set aside.

Crush the remaining oreos. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the crushed oreos. Beat until well mixed.

Form into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the crushed oreos.

Refrigerate until firm.

Warning: these are HIGHLY addictive!

I brought this to the neighborhood cookie exchange last year and the kids went nuts. Made me feel good since my cooking is in no way comparable to what the fancy ladies brought. However, I make food that kids like ;-)

1 comment:

Charlotte Klein said...

OMG, those sound AWESOME!!!

I have been eating like a champ the past few days. Desperately trying to detox (but I will reach for just another cookie before that happens!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...