Tuesday, December 3, 2013

In Blog We Trust- Recommended Reading!

From time to time, I like to pass on book recommendations that I know my readers will enjoy. This latest read is especially intriguing as the heroine is one of us: A blogger...



As I explained to Mr. Infinito when I decided  to review his book In Blog We Trust, I accomplish most of my reading on days I spend substitute teaching. Some days can feel especially long, so an "energetic" read was what I was hoping to find.

Michael Infinito has woven together a fast-paced thriller that has action from the get-go. I opened the book, started reading and my excitment rose, when I realized there was already a death on page two of the book! Not that death is a good thing but it does make for a great read, especially for others who may be fans of real life (or fictional) crime dramas, such as myself.

I have written before of the high brow book club that I had the unfortunate experience of being a part-of, since the books were all dreadfully drawn out and dull. That is NOT the case with Mr. Infinito's book. I would describe it as part mystery, party mystical thriller. If you enjoy a book that has relatable characters and a plot that keeps moving, I encourage you to pick up a copy of In Blog We Trust.

Many of you may be familiar with Mr. Inifinito's writings on his popular blog, The Wizardry of Otin.  (Is it a coincidence that one of the characer's works at "Otini Brothers?") As we have come to expect from his writings, they are not the "run of the mill" but rather are a little off-beat, which is also true of the characters in his book. Among his lead characters are a rock star, a blogger and a high school student. Their lives are interwoven in a plot that has many twists and turns, deaths, ancient symbolism, as well as some vodoo in an epic battle of good vs. evil.

I spent 4 hours the Saturday following Thanksgiving completely engrossed in the book. The ending *WOW* it caught me by surprise. I don't want to give anything away - but you will not see it coming!!!!

*The book contains adult language so if you are planning on gifting this book to the blogger on your gift list, it is best for adult bloggers :-)

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thank you for the review. I linked you to my facebook page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...