Friday, November 29, 2013

The Post Where I Catch Some Heat...or hopefully not...

I already caught some flack on Facebook when I posted this photo of me and MB *gasp* in line at Old Navy at 6 pm last night.




So why not post it here and catch further grief ;-)

It is not as if I am a regular Black Friday shopper. I reluctantly joined a friend for the first time last year because she wanted some company. As a result, we did get a shiny new Kitchen Aid mixer...

This year we decided to brave Old Navy, and truth be told, it was not as crazy as everyone had been predicting. Everyone was very nice and patient, including the employees whom it was suggested would be absolutely miserable after being required to work the holiday.

We didn't leave to go shopping until after we had our traditional holiday dinner:


so it was "all good" tradition-wise.

And here is why you never want to eat cranberry sauce at our place. I filmed this Vine after I overheard MB explain his foolproof method to VC:




well now, what was more disturbing - that Vine or our indescretion in shopping on Thanksgiving? Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Where the Fur Flies said...

Black Friday is new in Canada. Our big shopping day has always been the day after Christmas (Boxing Day), but Black Friday started trickling in last year. This year, it has officially arrived.

I need a new TV. I was going to get up and be at the store at 6:00 when it opened, but really didn't want to brave the crowds. So, I went online, found what I wanted on sale ($200 off thank you!) and placed the order. It should arrive on Wednesday.

Samantha K said...

As the wife of someone who works retail on holidays, all I have to say about Thanksgiving shopping is..THANKS!
You helped with our paycheck and health insurance. We appreciate you!

Mike said...

What's the big deal about going shopping on Black Friday? Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday, and when you go shopping, you usually go with family.

LL Cool Joe said...

It looks like Black Friday may be catching on the UK too. Although I can cope with okay on Amazon, because it doesn't require me to leave the house. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...