Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Premature Wrinkles and Turkey Neck??? NO THANKS!

As I was googling "does running cause a bad back," I came across many articles stating that running leads to premature wrinkling and turkey neck due to the constant pounding that drags everything downward.

Lately I have been doing my very slow jog - can you say 10-11 minute mile? and concidentally or not, my lower back has been very achy for 3 weeks now. I am taking it easy in an attempt to put off a visit to the orthopedist since I am averse to unnecessary x-rays.

Now that I have read this alarming news, I think I will stick to Zumba class with the 70+ year olds. Much safer, plus I will look young. Not only will I be surrounded by older people, thereby making me look young by default, but I will be avoiding the harsh pounding that could lead to turkey neck.

This is a photo of me after I ran several laps around the track at the finale of VC's Track and Field season last year. I hope to look the same 5 years from now, by avoiding the track.


*Oh, I am tickled to see that the nose to the left is a girl who is a local recordholder as well as winning her age group in the triathalon in London a few months ago. It is kind of like the Tortoise and The Hare, me being the Hare.

3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I do not run. hate running. I have turkey neck. So there goes that theory. Seriously why run? unless being chased I don't get it. There are so many ways to get cardio that won't make my boobs go everywhere.
:-)

Rebecca Jo Vincent said...

I haven't been able to run since October with my back pain.. :( & its interesting because I do have a turkey neck forming... You just proved to me the truth of it :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I hate running, and I have a turkey neck too. So what stops you getting one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...