Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Normally I Don't Make it a Habit of Siding with Convicted Criminals

...but I'll make an exception in this case. I heard on the news this morning that a prisoner on death row who is about to be executed wants to donate his heart/kidneys to his mother and other organs to others in need. His request is being denied because of "logistics." Logistics? Seriously? there is no way to arrange for it. I doubt that is the case. There is NO way? This may be the only altruistic thing the guy has done in his life. Surely there is a way. Is it that he should not be granted any "privileges?" I would say since he will soon be DEAD that is not really a concern. What are your thoughts? Should he be allowed to donate his organs? WOW - as of tonight it looks like the state is going to re-evaluate and hold off on the execution.

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I saw that Carma. I agree with you. I didn't get the whole story so I may have missed some of it. Were his family in need of these or he just wanted to donate them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...