Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Making a Spectacle of Myself

I recently purchased a new pair of glasses for VC. Luckily his vision is very good and his vision correction is minimal.

Unfortunately, I was not so lucky in the eye department, so I am very particular about getting thinner lenses for my eyeglasses and other fancy add-ons. One of the most difficult things is finding the right frame to flatter my face. Having a long-ish face rules out the narrow oval lenses that have been popular the past few years.

While I was shopping with VC for his lenses I decided to try on a few pairs for myself, since my glasses are 10+ years old!  Amazingly my prescription has remained the same all these years. I have such a hard time finding frames I like that it has prevented me from settling on a new pair.

At times I have had someone else with me, I have asked them to take a photo of me in the frames. It is a good way to ensure the frames are flattering before making the purchase. I have also looked online. I figured shopping for eyeglasses online would be difficult since I would be unable to see a photo of myself with the lenses before I order glasses. Enter GlassesUSA.com and their "try on" feature. I simply uploaded a photo of myself, re-sized it, and "tried on" lots of frames.

You can see my results here. I was especially drawn to their wayfarer style of frames:

The virtual mirror application is very easy to use. Here is a sample of what the screen looks like:


GlassesUSA.com is offering a 10% discount for my readers on prescription glasses. Enter code: Blog10 at checkout. Also be sure to check their site for other generious sitewide discounts!

They also offer a 110% lowest price guarantee and 100% money back guarantee, so your purchase is virtually risk-free!

Full Disclosure: This post was sponsored by GlassesUSA.com

-carmasez

1 comment:

Charlotte Klein said...

Dang! I totally just bought glasses (which were an arm and a leg, I might add) and could have used this service. I love the idea of a virtual mirror because I'm so paranoid about buying something like that online.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...