Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time to Dust off the Blog...

What's this? I still have a blog???

Pitiful how lax I have become in updating things. Does it seem like blogging jumped the shark about 2 years ago? Did anyone you know go to BlogHer? Some days I feel like there is really no point in continuing to blog. May as well change my name to "The Relulctant Blogger." Facebook takes up enough time - what with sharing all those videos of cats ;-)

What have I been up to? I can't recall anything that fascinating...

I am back to substituting at the middle and high school level. I am also continuing with my per diem medical work. This week I had several days scheduled- one until midnight. Exhausting, but I want to keep my toes in the industry.

VC is back at school and it is very bittersweet, this being his last year of High School. I am already starting to get bummed. He brings a lot of life to the house; also much teenage angst, but mainly a lot of life that I am going to miss.

We had always thought he would be going to school in-state, but a few weeks ago he said that he is considering applying to a school in UTAH!!  Let me see, that is only 32 hours away by car!!  I have to admit that it is probably a great idea for him to spread his wings like this, but it will take some gettting used to.

I joined the YMCA in February and since then I have had all sorts of pulled muscles. Took a week off last week to try and un-knot. Seems like I was in much better health before I started with the workouts!!

Contemplating doing a 5K run in the near future if I can get the balls to do it. I last ran one 10 years ago and it wasn't pretty...

Getting older is positively freaking me out lately. Working with people 20 years younger than you only helps to remind you of how much little time you have left to make an impact. I have also noticed that so much emphasis in the workplace is placed on speed vs. quality interactions. Sometimes I feel like I just don't fit in anywhere.

Other than that, things are going splendidly. How's by you? (said in Christopher Walken voice)

6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I've been thinking of giving up the blog too. And you know i know all too well this aging shit.

How is your eye? You mentioned the Y and it reminded me.

Where the Fur Flies said...

I've also been thinking of giving up blogging. I don't think anybody reads it anymore, but it gives me a place to write stuff down for future reference.

Aging sucks. Over the last few years, I stopped being referred to as Miss and have become a default Ma'am. I hate ma'am.

Rebecca Jo said...

Yep.. everyone seems to be jumping off the blogging bandwagon sometimes. Not as many readers... not as many TOO read that I enjoy... but I keep doing it, if anything, for my sanity & a good diary for when I officially lose my mind & need to look back at memories :)

Kaylen M said...

Welcome back...if even for just a quick update.
Blogging has totally gone astray the last couple of years. I still try to update once a week at least, as I've found MANY times where I've tried to remember something in the past and been totally lost at remembering...and then I go to my blog and find a nice tidy record of it. Oy-and my mom - my mom LOVES to keep up on my life and my blog is the easiest way. Sometimes I blog JUST to share pictures and a story with her alone...someday I'll change the name of my blog to: A note to myself and my mom.

LL Cool Joe said...

I think blogging is dying out, but I find the whole of the internet quiet. Like Ebay and other websites. Does this mean people are getting on with their real life crap more these days? Maybe now with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram where people can just take a picture with very few words suits people more than spending hours composing a post etc. My daughter don't even use Facebook much anymore they use all these other "snapchat" things now. Yep, times are changing. I know from my own blog that it's hard to get people to read and comment like they used to.

fizzycat said...

Must admit considering giving up blogging.Only did it for fun and oddly don't feel the need to post like I used to hmm.
Very odd.Or possibly an evolution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...