Monday, August 12, 2013

Doin' a Bit of Ghost Hunting and other Stuff

WOW! I never figured so many of us were on the same page with the hair cut thing! This is good news :-)

Although I am reminded that I never posted pics from Niagara Falls, it is time to move on to Charleston, SC. We just got back in town from our annual 3-day trip to Charleston,. The beach at Isle of Palms was as beautiful as ever. Aside from donating my CK Sunglasses (purchased at a deep discount) to the ocean when I was boogie boarding, the trip was delightful!


We discovered you are never too old to make a sandcastle:

We ate at our favorite pizza place Andolinis:


This being VC's last summer before he heads off to college *sniff sniff* we are maximizing family time and we decided to throw a Ghost Tour into the mix.

Here's the sad part. The guide who took us on the tour *may have been* suffering from some type of early-onset dementia. He couldn't have been much older than me - but he repeated himself to the point where it was starting to make everyone concerned and uncomfortable. This is a kind of touchy thing where no one wants to alert him that the reason we know what an object is was that he told us approximately 1.5 minutes ago!!! :-( He was very knowledgeable and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour - it's just sometimes he got caught in one of those loops...

I felt so badly. Do you step in and say something at the end of the tour? His memory lapses were so frequent within the hour and a half that we were with him that it was very disconcerting. We didn't say anything but it left me wondering  how to handle this type of thing.

We didn't see any ghosts but one member of our group did take an amazing photo with about 20 orbs floating around a gravestone. While I realize a lot of  this can be explained by the flash reflecting off dust in the air, it would be neat if it was an actual ghost!

ahhh - here's an orb in this photo (above the M):


We were equipped with electro-magnetic detectors like the real ghost hunters used, which was a hoot! There was a guy in the group who was having a blast testing everything as we were walking and would explain "I think I've got something here!"

Have you ever come across a ghost? I'm uber skeptical about everything but it is fun to ponder...How would you have handled the situation with the tour guide?

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I lived in a house with ghosts so I do believe. No one ever did until they came to my house and usually refused to come back!

McVal said...

:) I'm a skeptic...

Rebecca Jo said...

maybe HE WAS A GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!
BWWAAHHHHHAAAAA!!!! Stuck in his own dimension!!!!! :)

I don't think I SHOULD believe in ghosts, but I do think there is some sort of spirits around us... can't you sorta feel things sometimes?

I'm more concerned about that pizza! HOLY SAUSAGE BATMAN! That thing is HUGE!!!

Charlotte Klein said...

I've definitely seen ghosts in my day and experienced some pretty paranormal kind of things so I'm TOTALLY a believer! How incredibly neat--I actually can't wait to go on a ghost tour soon myself.

Awww, that's so incredibly sad. I have no idea how to react in a situation like that, but I would hope I'd feel inclined to mention something softly, away from the hum of the people. Then again, it's so touchy and who knows how he'd respond.

Bathwater said...

I have been watching The Haunted, on Netflix I think it is the best ghost series. IT has been making me very curious about ghosts too. I have never seen any though.

fizzycat said...

Lived in a house as a kid with a ghost so yes.
Great sandcastle by the way.

Jean said...

I've never seen an orb like that! Amazing! I love ghost shows on t.v., especially TDF (The Dead Files), and have had a few encounters as a child.

LL Cool Joe said...

I was totally anti ghosts until my eldest daughter very clearly and calmly talked about seeing her Grandfather appear in her bedroom soon after he died. He sat on the side of her bed and then disappeared. She said it in such a matter of the fact way, it was hard to feel that she was making the whole thing up.

Charlotte Klein said...

Miss you, Carma!!! How are things in your neck of the woods? XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...