Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meet the Newest Addition to our Family!

Pumpkin has arrived!  She is a 4 month old rescue kitten. VC is a cat person and he finally convinced it me it was time to adopt. I read some studies indicating the best time to own kittens is when you are a college student or senior citizen.

Since he will be a college student next year and I am rapidly approaching the arrival of my AARP card, it was time.

She was incredibly shy at the shelter so the officer felt she would be a difficult adoption, but she already seems to be warming up incredibly well to us and our home.

I promise not to inundate you with cute kitty pictures (maybe) - but here are couple (that's VC holding her - look how big he (VC) is!)





He is a little jealous that Pumpkin seems to have taken a liking to me. What can I say, I'm irresistible ;-) so I have to play with her on the sly when he is out so he won't get annoyed lol.

8 comments:

Where the Fur Flies said...

Congratulations! She's a beauty. You're going to love having a pet.

Rebecca Jo said...

Post away on those pictures... that's what having new kittens & puppies are for :)

Allison King said...

She's adorable! I am allergic, so no kitties here. But I do love a good cat pic here and there!

Rachel Cotterill said...

She is SO cute :)

LL Cool Joe said...

Damn cute! Sorry I'm not here more often but your posts still don't show up in my reader, it's so irritating and there isn't anything I can do about it. But I'm ere now.

We used to have two cats and over time I became more allergic to them so I wouldn't risk having another one now.

Janna Bee said...

Aww... she's a cutie! Congrats.

Charlotte Klein said...

OMG!!! Pumpkin is SUCH a cutie!!!! Awww, I'm so glad you got a beautiful kitty--animals add so much joy into our lives and I"m excited you get to experience this, too.

I'm hoping to take in another foster dog soon. Fingers crossed--I have my eyes on a bulldog named Meatloaf, LOL!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Aww she is adorable!!! I have missed you while I have had my blogging vaca so I am trying to catch up on all your back posts ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...