Sunday, May 5, 2013

Matron of Honor Duties Executed Flawlessly - but with one BIG wrinkle!

Months ago I wrote about being asked to be a Maid of Honor for an acquaintance who I met through my husband. (and then one of my wise blogging buddies reminded me that it is technically "Matron of Honor") Her and her new husband's reunion after many years apart is quite a story. They originally met when she was 13 and he was 18. Fast forward 40 years and they reunited and got married yesterday. Obviously they were destined to be together.

The bride gave me free reign to pick out a dress as you may recall, but in the end - when I realized it was going to be a small outdoor ceremony (ended up being 25 guests), I got up my courage to ask her if I could wear a satin Calvin Klein dress that I already owned.

Luckily she was agreeable, so I wore it yesterday. I remembered how easy it wrinkled the one other time I wore it, so I thought maybe I could put it on when I got to the location, which was a campground meeting revival place. The wedding was to take place in the arbor on-site.

Knowing there was no running water, I wasn't sure if the "tents" that look kind of like cabins out of a wild west movie would still be shuttered.

MB convinced me to go ahead and dress ahead of time.

Well, by the time I got there the dress looked like this:

Holy Wrinkle Batman!


I had no idea it was so wrinkled until I saw the photo :-( not that there was anything I could have done about it... Aside from this, it was a beautiful ceremony. Here is a photo of the wedding party


I rested my broken toe during the week so I could wear my fancy new shoes!  And another good thing: My hair that has a mind of it's own
didn't look too shabby!!

I am sensing a new Facebook profile picture!

P.S.congratulations to Lindsey D (comment #14) - the winner of my NOVICA giveaway!

6 comments:

Allison King said...

You look lovely! I'm sure the bride and groom were not worried about wrinkles at all!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You look beautiful Carma!

Charlotte Klein said...

OMG, I love these pictures! And you look so beautiful!! (as does the bride). The wrinkles aren't really that noticeable; I'm not sure I would have been able to tell if you hadn't pointed them out to me.

I think we have the same earrings. Oddly enough, they're my "getting fancy for a wedding" earrings, too!

McVal said...

Cool! Don't worry about the wrinkles.. You all looked great!

LL Cool Joe said...

You look great, and the bouquet of flowers covered up any creases perfectly! :D

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Wrinkled dress or not you look fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...