Monday, May 13, 2013

Kittens on the Brain - Redux!

Happy Belated Mother's Day! My mom is in town for the week - we met up at a festival on Saturday where VC was juggling. A very hippy festival. Full of happy people. Convinced me that living life on a treadmill of stress is not the way to live. We shouldn't take everything so seriously - and we should embrace color!!  More on all this later....

VC is pushing for us to adopt a kitten. If you recall, we went through this over a year ago, but ended up deciding not to adopt, in part because of a psychopath that was exerting an influence in our lives that imploded during the kitty adoption period and was related to the kitten adoption. Long story.

Anyway, VC loves kittens/cats. He has become something of a kitty whisperer. He reallllly wants a cuddly pet of his own, now, at age 17. He has never had a pet beyond the fish that lived for less than 24 hours. I have not had a pet since my pet fish and gerbil close to 40 years ago.

This is a BIG decision. Which cracks me up since we have given more thought to getting a pet so far than we did when we were deciding whether or not to have a child!!

Here's where you come in. All kitten advice is welcome. Do you have a cat? What have been your biggest joys since adopting. What have been your biggest frustrations? Can a recovering anal person like myself adapt?

It will in essence be VC's pet, but I will obviously be in charge whilst he is away at college. In all honestly, I have been looking for a "fuzzy replacement VC" to keep me company when he leaves. A new "little buddy." Could this be the perfect companion - or is a kitten likely to give me the brush off??

4 comments:

angelcel said...

Oh you *know* I adore cats. Can I email you my input?...because otherwise I'll do my usual and metaphorically regurgitate all over your pristine comment box! I'm really so happy that you're considering this right now because I know how much joy my gang have brought me over the years. ...And you know, of course, that statistically, creative people tend to have cats at home. ...A perfect match!

McVal said...

I still vote no. Cats are evil.

Charlotte Klein said...

First things first, I want to hear more about this festival you attended. Sounds like my kind of event :)

Sadly, I can't weigh in much on cats, I've always been more of a dog person. However, having a pet of any kind is truly one of the most rewarding, satisfying, and loving things you can do for yourself AND your furry companion. It'll teach VC about responsibility and I believe will make an EXCELLENT companion for you while he's away at college. I vote yes!

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't stand dogs, but I love cats. We had two but they both died, but I'd love another one. Great little companions. Go for it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...