Friday, April 5, 2013

Good Riddance Spring Break!

Boy, am I ready to get back into the normal swing of things. Our new bamboo flooring was finished at 1:30 in the morning on Monday. It was a grueling few days but everything is reasonably back into place. The house is a bit of an echo chamber...but it looks really really nice :-)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to some good rug gripper strips??? I was going to order some Ruggies but then I saw the bad reviews....and further bad reviews on just about every rug strip on Amazon....

I already broke my toe last night in an unrelated incident so the last thing I need is a slip and fall on the rug!

Did I write about my husband's trip to the ER with the horrendous stomach bug a week ago. We were turned away at Urgent Care, probably because they did not want to stay too late with the IV - by the time they saw him it was 7:00 pm and they closed at 8:00 - the doctor made some ridiculous excuse and then sent us on our way to the ER.

The upshot: What would have been a $25 copay at Urgent Care has turned into a $5,300 ER bill so far - and that doesn't even include the ER doctor and radiologist from when they did the unneeded CT Scan.

Luckily we will "only" have to pay around $1500 - but what a joke. This was for a stomach bug - he was not giving birth!!!!

The system is completely broken. What an utter waste.


7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We are dealing with this stomach bug at our home. Rick went to urgent care for IV fluids. Thankfully they took us. Our health system is so @#$*& up!

My ex-boss was visiting a couple months ago. He is from Ireland and lives all over the world, even has a home here in the US. Loves the US but can't understand (and these are his words) how a rich country like America refuses to take care of their citizens. He said at dinner that is just something that he can't wrap his head around. Sometimes talking to he and his wife, who love it here as well as other places they live , but seeing things through their eyes is so eye opening for me. If one has an open mind it is so interesting to see how we are preceived from afar.

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man... dont get me started on dealing with medical & insurance costs... it is a complete joke in this country

I've tried different things on rugs - none have worked. I saw on Pinterest the idea of taking hot glue guns & making stripes on the back of rugs... I wanted to give that a try myself.

Charlotte Klein said...

OMG!!!! That's crazy :( The health care system in this country is completely ridiculous. This is the first time in many years I have to pay out of pocket for it. Not only is it a complete rip-off, but it makes me incredibly cautious about having to go to the ER for the same reason you described here.

Hope he's feeling better! And glad your floors are done. Are you going to post some pics?? Sorry about your toe! :( Hopefully next week is better for you both. XOXO

Rachel Cotterill said...

Ouch. I don't understand the US medical system, it just feels like kicking someone when they're down. I don't get how the prices can be so high, so fast :(

McVal said...

I'm so sorry! Our insurance sucks. Our OOP amount per year is $10,000... so we can't afford to get sick. If we do get sick, suck it up and get over it!
And we're going through some nasty cold stuff around here. I can't imagine doing the stomach flu after what we've had! Good luck to you guys!

Janna Bee said...

Don't even get me started on Healthcare! It is just ridiculous, and we pay 400 a month for horrible, covers only catastrophe health care.

I'm sorry about that horrible bill. :( I hope he's feeling better!

Charlotte Klein said...

Just stopping in to say hello there, pretty girl! Hope all is well with you! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...