Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pilates and Other Updates

First, from what I'm reading in the news it appears the mom from my previous post may have allegedly been meeting up in Turkey with some unsavory types. I guess we all had an idea there had to be more to the story....

Secondly, I wanted to say I am truly enjoying group exercise classes. In the past, I've never participated in any outside of my belly dance classes.

Come to find out how incredibly out of shape I'm in- as I was sucking some serious wind yesterday in the Pilates mat class. It is shocking how inflexible I am in some areas too :-(

Yesterday's instructor was a throw-back from the eighties. She was about my age, about 5 foot tall with a whooty (thanks TMZ) and about as perky as could be. Loved her - lots of "hollas" and "love me some Bruno Mars" sprinkled in throughout the workout. She also mentioned seeing Rod Stewart in Vegas so I knew she was from my generation LOL.

I am keeping busy with substitute teaching and the per diem medical gigs. Quickly arriving at the conclusion that 2 part-time jobs are as exhausting as one full-time job. Hopefully things will slow down soon.

What's new by you?


4 comments:

Lucy said...

I did Pilates a long time ago,it about killed me. I can't imagine you not being in shape? With your belly dancing and don't you do the treadmill or eclipse? So, are you loving being busy? Would you prefer one full time job or do you like the mix up the two jobs?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I don't watch TMZ so I didn't get the whooty....possibly booty? same?

I have never done pilates on a mat only a reformer. I love pilates. Do you have the option of the floor or reformer or only floor? Hmm....wonder if it's harder? Can't imagine because it's not easy. Good for you!!!

Jenn @ You know... that Blog? said...

I hurt just thinking about pilates... I'll live vicariously through you, yes?

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't imagine anyone saying "love me some Bruno Mars" :D.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...