Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dreaded Double Standard

As I've blogged about before ad nauseum, I enjoy watching CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood, as well as most 80-year olds do.

At the tail end of the show each week they go over to Bob Schieffer for his Face the Nation update since his show airs next.



I swear I never hear a thing this veteran news journalist says because I am always fascinated by how he is able to still have a job with a roadmap of wrinkles, whereas most women that age would have been long banished from TV land and playing Canasta somewhere, kidding on that last part but I have always found the name of that card game to be awesome.


7 comments:

Slamdunk said...

No argument here Carma. I have always had a face for radio, myself.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

So sad and true.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

"like most 80 year olds"..crap I must be older than I think because I watch it every Sunday too...lol Looks like it's you, me and the oldies my freind ;)

angelcel said...

It is, indeed, still a man's world. I've no idea who this chappie is but we've had similar issues raised across The Pond here, though nothing ever seems to change.

Yeah, why is it that card games have odd names. *Gin Rummy* ... sounds positively salacious! :D

Lucy said...

So sad and some young ladies are starting so young with all the 'fillers' it breaks my heart.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carma - what happened to my post? did i say something offensive?

Charlotte Klein said...

LOL, I love your "as most 80-year-olds do". Yea, I hate this double standard in our country, too :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...