Thursday, January 24, 2013

Soooo Not a Morning Person

Two days this week I have had to get up at 4:00 AM for per diem gigs.

I am not a morning person. Plus I get so hyped up about having to get up early that I am unable to fall asleep which just compounds things and makes me completely useless the rest of the day when I get home.



This pretty much negates the whole benefit of getting up early and getting home early.

*Sigh* Don't think I'll be signing up for too many more of these early morning gigs. Maybe it's my age showing?

Are you a morning person or a night owl like me?

My ideal day would consist of going to bed around 11:30 and getting up at, say, 9:30. Too bad the rest of the world does not run on this timetable!!


7 comments:

Jenn @ You know... that Blog? said...

Sounds about right - usually I'm in bed by midnight, and often have to be up with Wee One for 6:20. I hate mornings with a passion! Unfortunately, when I do have the opportunity to sleep in, it's never past 8am anymore. Darn aging body!

Where the Fur Flies said...

I'm so not a morning person, but I do it anyway. I started work at 5:00am for a few years... now I start at 7:30. I've been staring at 7:30 for about 7 years now and I'm almost starting to get used to it.

angelcel said...

I'm the total opposite - up with (or even before) the birds. I love the total peace you get early morning.

I've often fantasised about a world where companies could work out shared jobs / rostas to suit the body clocks of their employees - how much more efficiently would we all work?! :D

Slamdunk said...

I am usually a morning person, but can adapt to either. I did work for 4 years on an overnight shift which I adjusted to well, but once life became complicated (marriage and kids), I could not have been happy on those hours.

Enjoy your weekend Carma and I hope you get to catch up on lost sleep.

Lucy said...

Yikes,getting up at 4am to get to work,that stinks!I think I land somewhere in between? I tend to get my best work done first thing in the morning BUT I don't like to rise until 7am if possible and yet I am no night owl either.I am in bed no later than 11:00pm and closer to 10 or 10:30pm. I guess you could say I need my sleep :)

Charlotte Klein said...

Nope, not a morning person either. I can work very late at night though without a problem, but having to get up before 10am always smarts (which is pretty much every day of my life). Love weekends when I can sleep in a little bit :)

Ick to 4am wakeups!

Bethany said...

I am a total night owl. I had to get up at 5 for four mornings of the week a few weeks back and thought I was going to lose my mind. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...