Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hypnotize Me!

Happy 2013 Everybody. Hope it will be a rewarding year for you and your loved ones :)

I am eager to get back in the swing of things. Sitting around for days and eating Nutella and Cheeseballs has not done wonders for my figure nor frame of mind.

My mind is in a state of flux as usual and I am thinking of trying some hypnotherapy to help me get some focus in my life. Have any of you ever tried this??

It is time to stop jumping from thing to thing - remember my thoughts of taking up Pilates and possibly training to be an instructor? After giving it much thought, the cost of $40 per hour (for a group lesson!) is outrageous - and possibly why the studio has hired a new person to drum up business. I mean seriously, how could a person get in shape after using the equipment for only an hour a week? Which means most are probably going 3x a week minimum at a cost of $120 per week for three hours of group lessons. Pffffft!!!!

It's back to walking. I love to walk and that is the one exercise that I have done regularly all these years (with the exception of my elliptical machine)...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this hypnotherapist who is highly sought out will be able to give me some peace of mind and new direction as I start the new year.

Stay tuned for the next post where I vent about how expensive it is and that I will not be going ;-)

What's new by you???

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I've always thought no one could hypnotize me... I'd be interested to see how it works for you. I'd be up for trying ANYTHING that made my mental well being better!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I can't wait to hear how it works.

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds interesting I hope it works for you. If not it will be back to the Cheeseballs and Nutella then? :D

Happy New Year!

angelcel said...

Hey there! Happy New Year. :)

I'll echo Rebecca Jo - I think that some people as susceptible to hypnosis, some not. I suspect I'm in the latter group too. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Re the Pilates - at those prices I think I'd buy a DVD and see how it goes with that for a while.

Lucy said...

Happy New Year!!! Wishing you and your lovely family a healthy and prosperous 2013!!
Good Luck finding peace :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I was hypnotized once. I was convinced it was bogus and it wouldn't work for me. I felt like I was awake the whole time yet I remembered things I never have in an awaken state.

I went to get over my fear of cats. (hey don't judge me) Things came up and it scared me so I never went back. I know, I know, wrong thing to do. But I did get hypnotized.

I am working on meditation now and it is hard as hell. can't make my mind stop wondering.

Charlotte Klein said...

I went to a hypnotherapist once, because there was some sort of Groupon special in NYC a while ago (conveniently enough, she was also located three blocks from my office). It was a really wonderful experience, and I saw her again, but I stopped going because it was getting $.

As long as it makes you feel better in the new year, that's all that matters, right? XOX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...