Monday, December 17, 2012

Beauty Things I Like Lately

I am far from a beauty blogger, but every now and then I like to pass on some products that struck my fancy and made me say "ohhhhh...." as I was pleasantly surprised at  how well they worked.

The first product is perfect for holiday parties. I put on this polish in preparation for my husband's company holiday party - and met up w/a friend beforehand. She was raving about how awesome it looked- and it is a steal at only $2.99 - Maybelline Color Show Metallics in Gold:


One downside is that the color doesn't fare too well by Day 3...but by that point the party will be over (hopefully)...However, I only put on one coat which may have had something to do with it.

The second product that I figured would be a total dud based on some negative online reviews - but turned out to be a winner is Garnier's new BB Cream.


If you are new to BB Creams and are wondering what the fuss is all about - according to Wikipedia, these products are considered a "blemish balm, blemish base, or ....in Western markets, beauty balm"

The product is intended to be an multipurpose product which replaces  serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock.

One of the main complaints is the odor. It does have a rather strong odor - but unlike what I've read, the odor dissapates rather quickly and you are left with a smooth, even dewy finish. I am very happy with the product. I first learned about it when Allure Magazine Best of Beauty #1 BB Cream. At only $11.99 - it is worth a try if you are on the fence :) I switched from my ridiculously expensive tinted moisturizer and am happy I did!

There are several more products I hope to post about in the future...hopefully some of you find this type of post helpful.

And, finally, congratulations to Rebecca Jo, winner of my NOVICA giveaway!! So many goodies to choose from!

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

YIPEE!! Congrats to me!! :)

This is the 2nd time I've seen favorable comments about that Garnier face goo :) I may have to check it out!

LL Cool Joe said...

I think I'll pass on these thanks! :D

Lucy said...

The nail polish sounds pretty :)

Unknown Mami said...

You may not be a beauty blogger, but you are a beautiful blogger.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Merry Christmas Carma.

Kelly Robinson said...

I didn't know Garnier made anything besides hair color. It's my preferred brand, mostly for the smell. Some dyes stink to high heaven, but the Garnier stuff actually makes my hair smell good.

Charlotte Klein said...

I'm always looking for new products to try out and these sound great. Didn't know that Garnier made other things aside from hair products; will look into this!

Late in wishing you this, but hope you had a very merry Christmas, Carma! XOXO

Rachel Cotterill said...

I would be *exhausted* after a three day party! :p
Hope you've had a great Christmas & best wishes for 2013.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...