Monday, November 5, 2012

The Job Du Jour

I am sucker for "finding your passion articles." Walking home from a 7 mile walk today, I stopped by the local health market down the block from my house. I went in for lettuce and tomatoes but after noticing the lettuce was wilted and the tomatoes were $3.99 a lb, I left. After grabbing a couple copies of the free local magazine that had a full page feature article on VC this month with an awesome photo -WOOT! I noticed one of the topics in this month's Natural Awakenings magazine was finding your passion.

As excited as I get over these articles hoping they will shed some light on the rut I'm in, I read it while walking the rest of the way home. Imagine my dismay when once again it was about someone becoming a life coach. And then the person she coached also ended up becoming a life coach.

Granted there was more to the article than this example, but it seems an awful lot of people are becoming life coaches, sometimes in only 2 days (according to the ad in the same magazine). With so many life coaches out there, I sure hope there are others doing some work so that they can be coached.

Why so jaded? I went to a life coach once before. It was nothing that enlightening that I couldn't figure out for myself....

Have you ever been to a life coach? Thought of becoming one? (in only 2 days!)

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

How come about 5 of your posts show up in my reader together??

I have never been to, or met a Life Coach. Sounds like the kind of person I'd want to punch on the nose! :D

McVal said...

No life coaches that I know of in Iowa, but I'm sure there are at least a few. I can name 5 people who desperately need one...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

YES. I went to one and she was useless. She was a legend in her own mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...