Friday, November 9, 2012

Learning Something New

VC had a project for school, where he was to learn something new and write about it. His first thought, to go into the wilderness with twenty rolls of duct tape, a bowl and saran wrap to see if he could survive.

He seriously approached me with this suggestion and was shocked when I shot it down! It was time for me to present a few alternate, "safer" suggestions. The first that came to mine was tightrope walking. The big snafu with that idea was where to procure some steel rope at affordable pricing. Then a lightbulb came on. I remembered our friends down the block had a slackline. VC asked if he could borrow it and despite his initial frustrations and exasperation that he would never be able to do it, he now easily navigates across the rope.

Now that he is almost 17 we don't get to spend as much time together, so I was happy when he expressed an interest in teaching me to slackline. Surprisingly, I am not as clumsy as I thought I'd be!


I can barely take a step...but today was just my first day...

Raising a teen has presented many more challenges than I had been expecting. Taking a little time out from butting heads was a nice stress reliever :)


3 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

How cool!

Charlotte Klein said...

Thank GOD you came up with an alternate suggestion! LOL, I wouldn't want my boy staying in the woods with duct tape and sarah wrap either :)

This looks like fun!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I like this alernative.
Good Job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...