Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Update on Life Chez Carma Sez

Periodically I like to update everyone on what is going on in my relatively non-eventful life.

Well, I do have some news: I passed my certification exam - YAY!!

Over a year of hard work went into it and I am relieved to once again have some free time on my hands where I am not feeling guilty about not studying...

I've lined up some per diem work that I am excited/nervous about and will be starting that soon. It will also be nice to catch up on my reading and update my photo albums. I've never been one to have stacks of photos lying around....It will give me peace of mind to get reorganized.

As you can see my feed to this blog is still redirecting and despite many valiant efforts at fixing it - it is still not working. Part of me feels I should "chuck it all" and give up but the other part of me has a renewed sense of energy to create some new posts.

I joined a new belly dance class and we are having our first Hafla next weekend so I hope to post some pics. Yes, as pathetic a dancer as I am, I could not resist the urge to go back!!  It is my one creative outlet at this time and I am fully enjoying it once again. You may recall belly dancing was something that I started completely on a lark after people always telling me, "I could NEVER see you doing that" whenever I would bring up various things I wanted to try. I never thought I'd stick with it so I have surprised even myself!

VC is 16 already- and driving!!! It is amazing how quickly your "little ones" become independent. It has been taking some getting used to. I already have a plan that I need to adopt a little fuzzy replacement VC once he goes off to college (i.e. a dog) - just need to get over the thought of picking up dog poop...

Well, that's about all from here.

carma

9 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm finally getting your posts in my reader. :)

Well done on passing!!

My daughter just 18, boy do I feel old!

Do you realise you have word verification on, that can put some people off commenting. Just incase you didn't realise because blogger seems to have added it to all blogs when they changed the layout.

Aleta said...

Congratulations on passing!!

And I can totally see you doing belly dancing :) I bet you are a lot better at it than you admit :)

16 years old... I've heard that time flies when you have children. Guess I'll be finding that out in the near future :)

Where the Fur Flies said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sad about your feed, but hopefully it'll get fixed before too long.

Congrats on the certification. So, what's next? More school, or off to work? Good luck either way.

ps - I hate the word verification thingies since they made them more complicated. It tends to take me two or three attempts before I get it right.

Lucy said...

Congrats!!!
Glad to hear you are still enjoying Belly Dancing!
Wow,VC is driving,they do grow fast :)

Lora said...

congratulations! That certainly is an eventful thing!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Congrats on passing your exam!!!

Charlotte Klein said...

Congrats, momma! That's such great news and you should be so proud!!

And I'm always in favor of getting furry friends... please keep me posted if you do; dogs make especially loyal, sweet companions :)

Good for you with the belly dancing. I'd like to return to hip hop at some point. It's great you have found something you enjoy so much!

Kaylen said...

Congrats!!
Yikes, 16 is hard...one step closer to a big transition. Being solo mobile is such a big step.

My son forbade me from getting a puppy after he went to college, as he has wanted one his entire life. I think it would be helpful for a parent though.

Dawnette said...

Whoo hoo!!! Way to go on you're exam!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...