Thursday, August 2, 2012

Heelys - Better than Ever!

When VC was in the second grade, he had a pair of Heelys (you know, the shoes with the pop-in wheel on the back" that he absolutely loved. He loved them so much that when it came time for the "morning muralists" to paint a picture of a shoe as a border on the bathroom wall, he chose to paint his Heelys. He was so proud of that picture he asked me to take a photo. Yes, he was rockin' the long hair and tie dyed shirts at age 8.

Here's the photo I took:


How darn cute is it???? Awesome soap dispensers too I might add....

Yesterday I heard the screeching of brakes and honking of horn as the UPS truck drove through the neighborhood (why do they do that honking??) - after my bell rang I peeked out on the doorstep to see a box sealed with Heelys tape.

It was a brand new pair of Heelys for VC.

Soon he was spinning again just like old times.


...and before long juggling 5 balls on Heelys



. I love how this picture makes it look like he is eating the ball!

You may want to surprise your kids with a pair of these for Back to School (although they will probably want to reserve the wheel for to and from school instead of getting busted for cruising the halls in style).

Interested in learning more about the entire line of new styles - (this is one of my favorite color schemes - Lime Green/Grey in the Chrome style) - visit Heelys on Facebook, Youtube or Twitter 


Full disclosure: I was provided with a pair of Heelys for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was provided.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh, my gosh, VC is growing up, wow, like overnight :)

Unknown Mami said...

That's awesome! I'd eat it if I tried to wear a pair.

LL Cool Joe said...

I was thinking the same as Lucy, boy VC as grown!

and to prove I'm not a robot... :D

McVal said...

Cool! My kids never got into those. But it does look like he caught one of those in his teeth!

Charlotte Klein said...

If I were just slightly more coordinated, I would order a pair of these for myself :) Cute pictures!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Awesome! VC is so grown up now, but it's good to see he's still a kid at heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...