Monday, July 16, 2012

Since When??

Well, VC has returned from his trip to Costa Rica!! It was a trip of a lifetime. I think he would have loved to have stayed. What he liked most was the relaxed attitude - nothing was a problem...Here everyone is so tense. The Costa Ricans live by the slogan Pura Vida which means pure life.

The family  he stayed with had an incredibly modest house, with a roof, but no ceilings. Just the basics. And yet he could sense they were much happier than folks living here. He loved the simplicity and I hope it is something that will stay with him for life.

Anyhoo, that's where the nirvana ended because as soon as he landed he mentioned that he had lost his camera. Not only did it contain 95% of his trip photos, but it was a camera I had to search on ebay to find. It is rare to find a used one for sale. So after 9 months it is gone :-(  assuming the guide is unable to locate it at the butterfly center they visited before boarding the bus to the airport *fingers crossed*

I sincerely wish I was not the kind of person to be bothered by this. But instead of being all excited about his return I was sadly pre-occupied with the loss of the camera. Very silly I know.

I expressed my frustration a couple times at which point I was told to stop bringing it up...

Which got me to thinking, since when am I unable to express frustrations????  Everyone else seems to have free license to do so....

Granted I do tend to dwell on things...

and maybe people would like me to shut up at times. Many times.

But does that mean I lose the right to express my dismay???


**if you are reaching me here - I am back to my old blogger blog. if you wish to get updates you will need to add it to your reader http://carmasez.blogspot.com if you don't wish to get updates, don't do that :D -- or nevermind - it is still messed up :-(

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh, I would have been bumming about the camera too.
P.S. when I add your blog to my reader this post does not pop up?

McVal said...

I'm glad he had such a great trip. Too bad he can't prove it with photos!
I can get stressed about things like that too... Sometimes I go out into the garage and just scream to let off a little steam...

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

I'm glad he had a great trip! I'm sorry about the camera. That is something that I would be stressing over as well!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I would bum about the camera as well. I'm not sure what going on with the reader. I followed both your blogs with GFC but haven't gotten updates. I'll keep trying. I missed you!

Aleta said...

I was just thinking how upset I would be about the lost camera too. That puts a big damper on things, especially if it's something you put a lot of effort into even finding, much less the lost memory pictures.

I know a lot of people who go on, what I call, "Repeat Mode." Sometimes we need to repeat things in order to get it out of our system. And no, I don't think someone has the right to dictate what you have the need to express. Freedom of speech, right? Still living in America, yes?

Charlotte Klein said...

So happy to hear he had a wonderful trip. I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica myself.

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about the camera. I know what you mean; I'd probably dwell on it, too. I would be so upset to lose all of those memories (and of course a camera my mom had bought for me!).

XOXO and hope you are enjoying your summer, Carma!

Kristiina said...

Sorry about your camera! Hopefully it turns up.

Rachel Cotterill said...

that would bother me, too :( the trip sounds amazing, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...