Saturday, May 26, 2012

Plain Vanilla??? UGH

The other day someone said something like this, "You seem very vanilla to have a [nose] piercing." I have been called many things, but never "VANILLA" before.

And on top of that, for the past 9 months I have been wearing that fake quartz clear colored nose plug after taking out my tiny nose stud so that I wouldn't be in violation of the anti-piercing requirements of the medical program...so it wasn't to be seen or discussed anyway..  Guess we can see that was money well spent...

Have you ever been referred to as something akin to "VANILLA" and how did you handle the response??

BTW, I have a ton that I could be blogging about but I just can't....

So stay tuned for more "exciting" posts like this one ;-)

2 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Will be waiting.

Charlotte Klein said...

I find that very offensive. I have never been called vanilla even though I have the whitest skin imaginable. But I think sometimes it's HOW things are said that will resonate with us; and in this example, it seems it was meant in a derogatory way, which I don't understand because who would care if you have a nose ring or not? It's cute and it suits you! ROCK IT, sistah (though I'm sorry about the med program not allowing it, at least you found something to hide the hole for now).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...