Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's All About the Occult

Fear not, I have not embarked on a magical, mystical journey, much to the dismay of my family.

Instead, I have been trying to persuade them to give me some stool samples for fecal occult blood testing that we are doing tomorrow as part of my Medical Assisting Curriculum.

I've discovered that a good way for me to entice VC to permit me to check his blood pressure more often (for practice) - is to threaten him with a fecal sample kit ;-)

Two weeks to go until finals and then my clinical. I'm a little skeered about the second part. Hopefully I won't appear to be a complete imbecile once I am practicing in real life :-O) Today I took a little "creative licensing" in doing some wound bandaging by pretending to have a smaller wound. My prof jumped in to alert me that there is no "creativity in bandaging." I have a feeling my art background will NOT be a huge asset in this endeavor *sigh*.

Be well....

carma

3 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Good luck with your finals!

LL Cool Joe said...

But creative bandaging is so much fun! :D

Good luck with your finals!!

Slamdunk said...

Yikes. I am def glad the Mrs. is a psychology professional and all I had to do why she was in school is take all of those silly tests.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...