Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dude, Where's My Car?

Can senility not be far behind??  On Thursday I had an important mission: To go to the main campus, pick up my graduation gown and get a photo ID made for my clinical which begins in mid-May.


First, I decided I didn't need to look up the address to program into my GPS because it was probably already in there as a "recent location." ----> that being my first mistake.

The address I set it to was the DMV!!!!!!

But, no bother, I figured I'd navigate by feel to get there. After driving for 10 minutes and not seeing anything I recognized I realized I was going the wrong way...

Long story short, I went at least 1/2 an hour out of my way.

Finally found the campus and parked my car in the first available spot.

I made my way to the college bookstore to pick up my cap and gown and my "frugalness" won over and I decided to just purchase the tassel and use my husbands gown from about 12 years ago since it was also black. I figured with my heels the length would fall to mid-calf which it did. Compared to my classmates, I will have more of a "loose fitting" gown but WTH, it saved me $23.

Would you believe the tassel cost $7.50 - for a TASSEL????

Well then, I proceeded back to the parking lot, only to not see my car - ANYWHERE.  I wandered around in the rain for about 10 minutes - to another lot. Still no car.

At that point I gave up and headed on foot to my next destination, the off-campus security office to get my ID made. Luckily the woman in the bookstore gave me a map.

I got my ID badge made only to realize somewhere along the way the tassel had slipped out of my bag. O.M.G. it was turning out to be a positively crappy day.

I managed to retrace my steps, which was no small feat considering my sense of direction, and found it on a soggy sidewalk around the corner.

So there you have it, I am rapidly approaching my 80's...

Finals are next week so I'll be incommunicado. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

4 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm glad I read this tonight, because now wearing braces just doesn't seem that bad. ;)

BrnEyedGal said...

Carma, You just crack me up!

I was SO excited to see your message on my post, I have missed ya!!!
I look forward to ALL of your fun and crazy posts....and I hope you will return and check mine out too!

Good Luck with School...
Danielle :)

angelcel said...

Finals? That seemed to come around oh so quickly. Wishing you all the very, very best of luck. :)

Thanks for stopping by at my place - you reminded me that maybe I should let people know I'm still alive ... so yeah, I actually wrote something. I've been missing you too and your move back to Blogger seemed to stymie my attempts to see what you'd written (I'm sure some industrial espionage goes on between these blog providers). Anyway I 'got' to you today via Twitter - and am so pleased to hear that all's well. xxx

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

That's too funny!
$7.50 for a tassel is insane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...