Today is my last day of spring break and I've got the "Return to School Blues," normally known as the "Sunday Blues." But I've got a small sense of satisfaction knowing that I accomplished a thing or two that I set out to do over the break:
(1) My husband couldn't contain his excitement yesterday when he exclaimed, "Car, I haven't seen the bottom of the hamper in like a year." Yep, the old lady's been doing some laundry on spring break...
(2) Thorough house cleaning also checked off list. Thanks to the Magic Eraser the stain on the stove that I thought could not be removed, is no longer with us.
(3) Learned a lot about osteoporosis while researching for an upcoming presentation. Ladies, respect your bones!!!
(4) Gained 3 pounds from snacking all day every day whilst home working on school stuff. I did not set out to do this but I accomplished it anyway - GRRRRRR...
(5) Learned that I am a consummate micro-manager. My son pointed this out as I continually reminded him about upcoming deadines he needed to get a move on. Micromanaging is one of my few strengths so I will continue to do so.
(6) Barked orders. This was also pointed out to me. What can I say, sometimes that's the only way to enlist help around the house.
(7) Learned the contraindications of many drugs while preparing drug cards to keep in my pocket when I eventually go to work. Very weird but we have been instructed to do so.
(8) Checked blood pressure and pulses on the other two living beings in the house. Just trying to get my confidence going...Not so good yet on the practical side of things.
(9) Started labeling the 500 photos I ordered from Snapfish. Disappointed that I still have a huge stack. Remind me not to take so many pictures in the future. I mean 30+ photos from one day at the Renfest and about 100 photos from my son cheering with the chicks at the football game. They all pretty much resemble each other after a while. Time to stop preserving moments and start living in the moment!!!
(10) Made paninis. You know this is my latest addiction. nom. nom. nom.
(11) Checked tmz.com and radaronline.com on a consistent basis throughout each day.
(12) While studying, tried to prevent exhaustion and stayed hydrated so I wouldn't have a meltdown like the Kony guy.
(13) Got my oil changed.
(14) Exercised to Get Ripped in 30. 'fraid it will be more like Ripped in 366 from the looks of things. Never realized how out of shape I've allowed myself to get. Out of shape as in unfit. Jillian may be right that I have clearly not been bringin' my A Game.
What are some things you accomplished this week. Let's compare!
***OH my gawd, I forgot to mention finalizing and filing my taxes!! Always such a PIA, I must have subconsiously blocked it from my mind.