Sunday, March 25, 2012

It Wasn't Very Scientific

Facebook is not my friend. I noticed yesterday that someone had unfriended me. The noive!! It is not something I normally track, but it was fairly obvious since my number of friends was down to a round number.

It never occurred to me that my spontaneous posts about such things as cellulite and reinforcements and phrases such as "If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic" may be annoying to some.

Well, maybe it did occur to me-- but I wasn't going to censor myself. However, I may need to re-think this stance now that VC's girl who is a friend's mom is now following my posts along with some other folks who may not appreciate my humor.

Being as immature as I am, I posted this today
"Guess I'm just not high-brow enough - pfffft..."

A friend wanted to know how I knew who it was so I revealed: "I noticed I was down one and then did some research and by research I mean guessing ;-) "

and in my research I discovered that not one but TWO friends I went to elementary school with had unfriended me - I just hadn't noticed the other until now...

Should I be spending time on this when I need to learn to wrap splints and give shots??? No, I should not.

But I wanted to share the happy part of the story. I logged onto FB a couple minutes ago and a person I think very highly of wrote this message to me:

"Young lady, anyone who doesn't want to be your friend is an idiot. Your posts are so much fun to read..... Anyway, you are a delight, don't change a thing!"

BIG SMILE and now I can go to bed.

-------------------

P.S. I know I'm very wimpy going back to blogger but I love the simplicity. I do not have time to work out the wordpress kinks - the design is lousy compared to my wp one but what do you guys think about ease of reading, etc?

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I just don't pay attention. I am sure I get unfriended all the time. They just miss out on my awesomeness.

Kathie @ Like A Box Of Chocolates said...

Maybe they just quit Facebook altogether? I have quit a few times now and started over. You never know people's reasons for doing what they do.

A blogger that I really liked unfollowed my blog, twitter and unfriended me on Facebook all on one day. I was really hurt because I really did like her and I thought she was someone I would actually be friends with in real life. Commenting on blogs was mutual and there were replies to tweets. Stupid me thought we were cyber friends at the least. So, I wrote her and asked what I did to offend her. Her lame excuse was that she was having a bad day and that her computer wasn't working and so she unfriended me, unfollowed, etc.

I figured out by such a lame lie that she didn't have the nerve to tell me the truth. She just didn't like me and maybe she never did... Oh well, life goes on. :-) It hurt, but I'd rather someone who didn't like me didn't pretend otherwise.

mac said...

I hate those poopy pants meanies who think we're immature !

Vodka Logic said...

FB is weird, I have unfriended people, but not on my own. FB did it and vice versa. Also as the other said, they could have quit...

Anyway your wise friend is right... they don't deserve you. I don't even know anyone from elementary school..

Where the Fur Flies said...

I have this hangup that doesn't allow me to have too many friends on facebook. I think that anybody with 300+ friends is deluding themselves, and I think it's preventing them from keeping up to date on the true friends. So, I frequently remove friends. If I haven't interacted with somebody in quite a while, or if I never read their updates, I defriend them.

Jill of All Trades said...

Hmmm, on Facebook I am kind of cautious about my posts and I don't link it to my blog. I have an art blog that is linked and that is fairly innocent. I probably would have ticked off half my family and friends in my early blogging days. Actually, I've ticked off my sis on FB with just a picture. She went off on me, thankfully in a private message. Found out she has a bit of a bi-polar disorder and I'm the object of her anger. Just great!

McVal said...

I had a nephew unfriend me because I narc'ed to his mom about some very unfriendly things he put on FB.
It is possible that someone committed FB suicide and that's how you lost someone. But I've noticed that just about every time I tell one of my dad stories, I lose someone on my blog. Coincidence? I think not.

Lucy said...

There is nothing wrong with using blogger, I think you should use what you like.
Oh Facebook, I know it hurts to be unfriended even when we tell ourselves it is no big deal, it is natural to wonder why and then move on!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Ah, forget the haters. They have no room in your life!

Aleta said...

I have to laugh when someone unfriends or blocks me. I consider it a milestone. Hey, it's life and you've earned that badge! :)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I don't think I'd notice an unfriending over there. I'm gradually unfriending people myself because I'm trying to pare it down to people I have met in real life.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Bwahaha! I love that melon joke..never heard it before. Who cares who unfriends you as long as it's not your immediate family..lol We all love you Carma..you can be my FB friend anytime ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

This is why I won't have a Facebook page. I'd take it all personally. I get upset when I lose a follower on my blog!

Kristin said...

Pretty sure I get unfriended all the time. Ha!

Janna Bee said...

I get unfriended then refriended sometimes. Facebook is wonky like that. I try not to let it bother me! (Anymore, that is.)

Slamdunk said...

Perhaps we should form a support group for those dissed and dumped by "friends" Carma--I get it regularly in Blogger.

I can relate to your WP to Blogger concerns as well. When I created a separate site for my football posts, I played with WP and decided that I did not have the time to invest in learning a new system--I just created and went with it using Blogger.

My Journey With Candida said...

LOL.... how funny you are!! But seriously. I don't like facebook. I like twitter much better, even when people don't like me. I use justunfollow.com and it tells me who does and does not follow. I just unfollow them. LOL... If they can't follow me, I can't follow them. It is mostly people with lots of followers that think they are to good to follow the likes of me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...