Sunday, February 12, 2012

Have You Ever Had the Unfortunate Experience of Ordering Something from Barnesandnoble.com? I have.

Weeks ago, at the beginning of the semester, I realized I would need to purchase a textbook code to go with a used book I had purchased. I went to my "go to" site, Amazon, but could not locate it there, so I searched some more and found it online at Barnesandnoble.com. I ordered on a Wednesday, figuring it would be at my house on time for class the following Tuesday. I know, What was I thinking? It was being shipped by the U.S. Post Office!!! By the time I realized the book was scheduled to arrive the following Thursday I inquired about my return options.

The customer service rep advised me to do a "Return to Sender." Outside of the Elvis song, I've not had any experience with Return to Sender.

Over the past month and a half I have become very experienced. The text code shipped back via slow boat to China and over a month later it is finally at the Barnes and Noble warehouse in Kearny, NJ.

But I still don't have my refund. Mind you, I never even touched the box because I notified my carrier before it arrived at my mailbox.

In addition to a useless email exchange with one of their reps, I went online with Barnes and Noble chat and waited 25 minutes for a rep to get online. 25 minutes for online chat!!! He assured me he would expedite things and I'd see a refund in 5 to 6 business days.

Still no refund and I was getting antsy so I spoke to a rep today who seemed a little too confrontational for my taste. He explained that the Barnes and Noble policy was that I would see a refund in ONE TO TWO BUSINESS CYCLES - which can be interpreted to mean one or two credit card statements even tough I paid by paypal. He insisted the rep I chatted with last week did not tell me 5 to 6 business days. Couldn't he look it up in the transcript?

Can a company seriously do business like this and compete against Amazon where a refund occurs as soon as the package arrives?

I know I will not be ordering again from barnesandnoble.com unless it is a product that exists no where else on Planet Earth!!

There. I'm done venting.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...