Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Doormat No More....Maybe

Looks like I am making strides in not being such a doormat.  Yesterday we received our snazzy new belly dance costumes.  (I say "snazzy" although what I really want to say is "potato sack" :D )

It was a box of 10 costumes for 10 dancers, each a different color.

The girl who ordered the costumes was divvying them up - and I had my eye on a maroon costume, since I figured it would be most flattering to my skin, compared to say the glow-in-the-dark lime green or orange one.

I waited until the others had been reserved and then it came time for the maroon one I had been wanting to snag.  The girl who ordered them handed it to another dancer and I was bummed since the remaining colors were red and black.

Well, she saw I was bummed (probably from my pout and mumbling that I didn't like the other colors as much) and agreed to give it to me.  YAY!!

What was interesting is that my bellydance buddy came up to me and said, "Wow, I never expected you to be the 'difficult' one."

See that, everyone expects "good 'ole carma" to never speak up!!!

No more!

I'll be proudly wearing my faux velvet costume with "I Dream of Jeanie" pants in the next recital. Not sure if I'll be posting pics, as it really is not too flattering.

But I may have spoken too soon about "the new carma" - about an hour ago the phone rang, and it was a certain hotel chain promoting their vacation club.  Instead of just blowing them off, I was sweet as pie, to the point where MB asked why I was being so kind.  I explained far too much - that I was going back to school and would not be vacationing any time soon, etc. etc. etc. and probably added a "thank you."

So there you go.  One step forward, one step back.

I have such a mountain of homework I can't even begin to tell you all that I have to learn by next Tuesday between medical terms and bones.

But I wanted to pop in and say 'hi' :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...