Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another Reason to Quit Blogging or To Get Less Personal

I noticed while checking my stats yesterday (as abysmal as they are) - that there was a huge jump in page views. I immediately knew something was up because let's face it, this blog is no "Dooce."

Come to find out when looking at the stat page - where everything was compressed with a huge bar up the middle - that most of the visits were from one site (380+ visits), in the Netherlands.

While I'd love to think it was someone who was interested in reading my superb content ;-) more likely it was a spammer since there was hit after hit in succession.

I mentioned a while back that I'll be posting fewer personal photos, in part because I don't want them to wind up on some site in the Netherlands or any where else other than on my site.

Blogging has lost a lot of it's luster for me. Fewer people are reading fewer *personal* blogs and I'm wondering if it will soon be passe, replaced by the quick 'hit and run' that is twitter, facebook, etc.

What do you think? How long are you planning on maintaining a blog?

P.S. I think I may have solved the error that was occurring when my blog was viewed with Internet Explorer so it should hopefully load more easily for you now :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...