Tuesday, July 5, 2011

As We Await the Verdict

If this is not as close to OJ Part Two as it gets, I don't know what is...So as we wait the verdict in the Casey Anthony case, I figured I'd update you on what is going on in my little insigificant part of the world as well as a decision I've made concerning the blog.

1. VC is doing much better. Thank you for all the well wishes. He competed yesterday in the "Show Us Your Best Trick" contest at the swimming hole and won with a Double Side Flip 180, so I'd say he is almost back to full steam. MB won for Biggest Splash as well as Smallest Splash. His secret to winning the former was to bulk up with an extra 5 hot dogs before the jump. He has since posted a calendar on the fridge to chart his weight loss over the next three months...

2. I spent a good part of the weekend, when not watching the fireworks and rooting for the boys in the Pool competitive events, googling "small bump beside nasal piercing," because that's exactly what I have and it's been freaking me out!! It goes up, then some days it's down. Turns out this is a very common problem. Luckily people have posted pics of their noses with the bump. It's better than WebMD. I've stopped treating with antibacterial soap, as I've read that can make things worse. Went out and purchased some aerosal Saline Spray instead since the one in the bottle is supposedly contaminated the minute you open it, which seems a little counterproductive. Anyway, after a flare-up again last night, possibly from overcleaning, it looks better today.

If you are contemplating a piercing, do not do it during the moist summer months. One would think I learned my lesson the last time, but apparently not.

3. I was watching a show yesterday that everybody loves to diss "Hoda and Kathie Lee!" Only for the first five minutes, but it was parachute long enough to learn that the top reason people are denied promotions is....DRUMROLL






piercings!

Considering the new field I'm looking to enter into, perhaps the piercing was not the best possible decision at this time.

But I don't care. I like it :D

I'm sure that attitude will take me far....

4. Speaking of honesty, I came to the conclusion yesterday that I am not going to be posting as many personal pics on my blog. After a quick reality check via Statcounter, I learned that the bulk of my visitors come via keyword searches. Do I need every Tom, Dick and Stefano looking at my personal photos?

I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable with having so much of my personal stuff out there. Wouldn't it be great if most people were deliberately seeking out my blog to learn more about me and my fascinating family??? ;-) If there is one thing I am, it's rooted in reality. Not gonna happen in this blogger's lifetime.

VC thinks that nobody looks at blog posts without pictures.

Guess I'm soon to find out.

As a test, I've inserted an extraneous word in the middle of this post - Did you catch it????


One last comment on the Casey Anthony trial, did you read that lip readers are trying to decipher something she said as closing statements were being read. They've determined it was either "It isn't his fault" or "It's his fault." Wow, that's insightful!!!!! Maybe I should consider going into the lip reading field if that is the level of accuracy that is needed :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...