Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's Day 4 in the Life of a Starbucks Rejectee and Things are Getting Bloated

You are not going to believe this new Starbucks development!!  Last night I received an email from the job site where I found the job opening for the Starbucks clerk in my local grocery store.  The site was notifying me that there was another opening.

So of course, I applied AGAIN!!

Because the only thing more fun than one Starbucks rejection without an interview would be TWO Starbucks rejections without being granted an interview!!!

I'll keep you posted on that.  In the meantime, there is a lot more pressing issue - literally- to tackle, namely what is causing my stomach to bloat up for days and the filling of my insides with gurgling air, which is making me want to burp - A LOT of air.

Now that I find myself unemployed, I've been trying to step it up in the kitchen.  Although after I saw MB's facebook update with his plank salmon and eggplant deluxe dinner that he fixed himself over the weekend, with the added comment that his wife (i.e. me) is an "OK cook" <---- his exact words!!!, my cooking days may become short-lived :D

Last week I watched the repeat of Rachael Ray's episode on her Top 10 Downloaded recipes.  I made two of them back to back.  One was a concoction of baked shells with ricotta and spinach, the second a broccoli casserole with 4 different cheeses.  Both called for a lot of onions and garlic.

Can't figure out if it was the richness of the food, the onions or garlic, which have given me problems in the past, or the fact that MB has been making batches of salsa for the past 6 weeks, with all ingredients from his garden, also loaded with onions and garlic.  He puts me to shame, I know....

Two days ago I decided that since our 24 hour antacids were of questionable age, that some Pepto Bismol would do the trick.  Well, three days into that little venture, I recalled the constipation problem that occurs from excessive Peptol Bismol consumption.  This was confirmed when I googled "Pepto Bismol constipation" and came up with this question from someone in the Yahoo! question forum:

Constipated from peptobismol help plz answer!!?


At this time, I will be quitting the Pepto.  What I'm wondering is if any of you have had this problem.  It may be the cheese.

Oh, I am not taking any Rx medications so it is not a side effect of any medications.  I know it could be debated whether I should in fact be on some type of daily medication :D

If you have experienced these symptoms and can provide a solution, I would be much obliged. I am not a big person, so a bloated belly becomes fairly obvious and can be confused with pregnancy belly.

P.S. If you have not yet seen the nose pics, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...