Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Shimmied and then Danced Like a Gypsy

Here are some photos from the bellydance recital. I've selected photos where there are not a lot of my "dance sisters" - (MB says it sounds like a cult when we say that LOL) in the pics because I'm not sure how they would feel about being broadcast to the internets via my clandestine blog.

Oh, just because I look like I know what I was doing, don't be fooled....That is the beauty of still photos vs. video!

 



[caption id="attachment_5592" align="aligncenter" width="336" caption="Me in My New Cabaret Costume"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5595" align="aligncenter" width="336" caption="I'm Not Sure This Is an Official Dance Move - Looks Like I'm Stopping Traffic"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5598" align="aligncenter" width="282" caption="My Shimmy"][/caption]

This photo is from the gypsy skirt dance performance. Me and the dancer next to me had a small collision at the outset. There is a lot of arm flailing involved in this one and we were very close together.

[caption id="attachment_5601" align="aligncenter" width="336" caption="Me Doing the Gypsy Skirt Dance"][/caption]

VC injured his back on Friday night (bruised and strained muscle) and it was questionable whether or not he would make it to the recital. He attended but we practically had to pry him out of his chair and prop him up for the reception afterwards. He is doing much better but our plans for the week have been stymied....Lesson learned!!

I'm hoping to be able to keep up with the dancing once I go back to college. If not, I'll be sad :-( It is a fun distraction - an hour a week when I can get my mind off the other crap I need to keep up with - Plus I like picking out my costume pieces :D <--- the real reason

My mom is in town this week and I'm running behind schedule since I had to wait on VC for three days, carrying up trays of food to his room while he rested his back- pampering him to the max; I hope to visit your fine blogs within the next couple days...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...