Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Getting It Together

I'm going to violate the cardinal rule of blogging:  Never Post Twice in a Day - with this update. It has been a crazy day. I'm more convinced than ever that I need to get some SLEEP.

On a positive note:  I have been in touch with a third college to confirm receipt of my transcripts so I now have three choices to choose courses from LOL.  I also applied for a temporary job today - WOOT!  I have also come up with some new ideas about potential avenues to explore.  Progress. Progress.

My neighbor has a Masters in Psychology so I picked her brain after I saw her checking her mail at the same time as me.  Clearly, though, the one whose brain needs looking at would be mine :D  We sat on the porch and she provided some helpful suggestions.  Sometimes it helps to talk to someone you are not related to if you want an unbiased opinion.  What I'm always hearing is, "I could never see you doing <fill in blank>."  There is a lot more to me than meets the eye.  There are many things I'd love to explore, such as working with at-risk kids.  Hey, I'm up on the music and am good with kids....

We talked and talked and then all of a sudden I saw MB's truck racing up the driveway.  That is never a good sign.  Then minutes later I saw him racing back out and then home again with VC in the truck.

Oh. My. Gawd.  I had lost track of time and forgot I told VC to call me if he needed a ride home from school since he was emptying his locker today.

To make things worse, MB freaked out because he knew I had been down in the dumps this morning and when he saw my car in the driveway and that I was nowhere to be found he figured I was floating down some river somewhere.  He even checked all the closets.

Man, did I feel like crap :-(

I mean I was sad, but not that sad. I've got to pull it together!!

On the brighter side, VC was very happy when he realized I was alive and well.  Times like this I realize there are people who still need me and that I'd better start focusing on that instead of getting lost in research all day.

You know, all the time I'm spending on researching, I could have been STUDYING!! :-(

I promise this is my last whiny post for at least 24 hours.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...